Announcements November and December 2021
- P.U.M.P – Families need help getting food or know of someone who does? PUMP serves limited income families from the communities of the Bangor Area School District, Wind Gap, Pen Argyl, and Martins Creek with food supplies. Canned, frozen or fresh foods are distributed including meats, dairy, fruits and vegetables, cereals/bread/grains, numerous miscellaneous items. The food pantry is open Monday’s from 9:00 AM to noon at 111 State Street, Portland (In the Fire Hall building). Clients who meet federal income guidelines can come for food every two weeks. Follow the pantry on Facebook under Portland Upper Mount Bethel Food Pantry.
MONDAY – Oct 11th Bible Study 7:00PM
TUESDAY – Oct 12th Boy Scouts 7:00 PM
THURSDAY – Happy Thanksgiving
3. BIBLE STUDY – We will meet in person, at the church on Wednesday, December 1st at 1:00 pm. We are studying the book of Ruth. Everyone is welcome to attend. Please contact Pastor Peter if you want to attend via zoom.
SPECIAL CHARGE CONFERENCE – There will be a Charge Conference on Sunday, December 5th at 11:15 AM, during our Administrative Council meeting. We will vote to allow the Trustees to represent our church re: The Boy Scouts of America reorganization plan. Every member is invited to attend and vote.
5. SLEEPING MATS FOR THE HOMELESS – Will be meeting again on Thursday November 11th at 9:30 am. Hope to see you then.
6. TIN BUCKET OFFERING – Our mission offering for the first two weeks of October will go to the Conference to aid the victims of Hurricane Ida. The balance of the month will go to PUMP.
7. WEISS RECEIPTS – Just a little reminder from Jane, please bring in your Weiss receipts as soon as you can, the receipts for 2021 have to be submitted by the end of December.